How, How?

Monday, October 17, 2005

Star Search 2005

It was a new kind of test.. the introduction of an OSCE with 10 stations that we have to pass before we can take the MBBS.. Just took the mock test last saturday, to let us 'have a flavour of what it is like'

Turned out to be maciam 演员训练班 like that.

One of the stations was patient education about asthma inhalers and spacers for her child. I read the question then 'ACTION!'

'Hi Good morning.. Mrs Cecilia!" i began

'Oh.. er.. good morning' (the 'patient's mother' had to refer to her paper to confirm her name.. hmm... not my NG)

'I am KH, medical student..' i went on

'Huh medical student?!' she asked, glancing a little to the examiner

(Oops, the question said i was supposed to be a houseman... Hai.. used to it liao..) Well anyway, must act like nothing happened...

'So i see your daughter..blah blah blah... teach teach teach..'

After all the teaching, she offered to demonstrate to me to see if she got me correct.. (oops, forgot to tell her to do it.. think she saved me.)

Then surprisingly, after being 'taught' by 12 other people before me, she still could act blur then hesistantly shake the inhaler maciam she never did it before like that then place it to the spacer and pretend to spray.. she also kept confirming her steps till we finally reached the end. (She's really impressive.. she has another 3 more people to act blur with after me, i believe she can do it..)

'TING!' the bell went off = CUT!

Good take? have to wait for the review some time later..

Soccer final after the mock test. Last match in the last year.. We lost big time but i was glad i played my best game ever this last game. Most prob due to someone in the stands ;) Will miss the times with the soccer gang.. They really helped me improve over the 4 years.. We never failed to have jokes and laughter during our games too..

1 Comments:

  • haha. i called her cecilia, which was her daughter's name.
    but really it was more of a familiarization thing than for communication practice.

    must intro me to your friend sometime. want to see who has been taking care of my good friend. haha.

    By Blogger Wei Qiang, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home