How, How?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Water Beans

I thought i was immune.. my brother had it but i didn't, my friends had it, i was close to them but still i didn't get it.. i thought i was vaccinated in the army and when i was a child..
Now after seeing 1 patient with varicella meningoencephalitis and 5-6 other old uncles and aunties with herpes zoster the previous month.. How can i escape?
It all began with fever, headache and a neck rash that looked like pimples.

Then clever dear was warning me that i could have chicken pox when the rash were more florid.
Didn't want to believe even my GP who whacked me with acyclovir cos the rash were still minimal. Not till i wake up this morning in a bid to work and fulfil my on call duty that i have to surrender to the virus. Classic vesicles on erythematous papules.. It just took one night's sleep and my face was full of them..

Fortunately i'm on leave next week.. at least my MC will not be affecting my colleagues much..

Dunno why the sugical dept has 17 housemans for 80+ patients while the medicine dept has 13 HOs for 200+ patients.. It's so hard to find cover when i'm on MC given that 2 persons are already on leave. someone will have to do EOD.. Jialat..

It sounds like a good break to further prepare for ROM.. Unforunately i'll be stuck at home.. How to prepare?

Well guess i could use some sleep that i lost over the past half a year..

2 Comments:

  • remember not to scratch, you must look good for the ROM bro.

    By Blogger Wei Qiang, at 9:10 PM  

  • Haha.. thanks bro. But i think there will still be the scabs then..

    By Blogger KwangHow, at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home