How, How?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Land Breeze, Sea Breeze

Surprisingly saw my Sec 1 form-cum-geography teacher as a patient today.
Even more surprised he was a far cry from the person he was about 15 years ago

He used to call me 'botak' (cos of my previous hairstyle)
More importantly, he taught me a lesson i'll remember for life: Land breeze vs sea breeze:

1 fine day during a geography lesson: he taught - the land due to its heat conductivity heats up and cools faster than the sea. So when the land is warm in the day, air rises and sea air rushes to the land, creating sea breeze. The vice versa happens at night and there is land breeze, then he poped the question to me:

'Hey botak: so if one day you go sailing with your girlfriend, will you go in the day or in the night?'

At that point, I thought to myself: go sailing will need the wind in the sea ma, so need sea breeze lor..

'Sir, i'll choose the day because got sea breeze'

To this he said:'OK, so you'll scold your girlfriend - see la, because of you la, bad luck. The boat cannot go out to sea one'

Well the whole class laughed. The right answer was night cos there will be land breeze where the air rushes to the sea, so will push the boat out to sea..
So because of this lesson, i remembered land breeze and sea breeze for life (good teaching eh?) and i never needed to scold my girlfriend (now my wife).... cos we never went out to sea on a sailboat together.

When i saw him today, he was instead full of smiles, soft spoken, even close to meek. Can't imagine him calling me botak now.. given his current disposition. (anyway i also no more botak liao)
He didn't remember me and i didn't remind him. Cos i don't know if he will remember me or not and also i dunno if i will be able to sustain a conversation with him...

Sometimes i get this feeling... seeing someone i know but not that well and will rather avoid saying hi cos i'm afraid i cannot continue a conversation and it will end up an embarrassing silent 'conversation'. Maybe i'm 'dao' ba.. Wonder if anyone else has this same problem..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home